Thursday, July 12, 2007

I <3 Zappos, Part II

After having called their customer service department, I love these guys even more.

Backstory: those great sandals I bought? Well, one of the shoes makes a “whooshing” sound when I walk in them. I think it’s due to the fact that air is escaping from the cushion as I walk on it. I wore the sandals for 2 days and during a conversation with a friend, she said that Zappos would exchange them for me. Since the soles were pretty scuffed up (after having walked outside in them) I was wary. I talked to the customer service rep and she said Zappos would exchange the sandals (since it was a manufacturer problem) and ship them to me overnight. No charge. Awesome.

That all happened last night. When I got home from the gym tonight they were waiting at the front door. I am now officially an evangelist for this site.

In a nutshell – here’s why I love Zappos:
  • Short wait time on customer service line and I called at 6:30 pm. Compared to the 30 minutes I spent on hold with my insurance company earlier this week – this is a HUGE gold star.
  • Great customer service. The woman on the phone was incredibly nice, easy to talk to and very efficient. Compared to the completely incompetent nincompoop I first talked to at my insurance company last month – this earns them another HUGE gold star.
  • Free overnight shipping. I love it.

Interesting side note: in the niche marketing seminar I attended with co-workers last month, more than one speaker brought up the fact that companies are scrolling blogs looking for mentions of their product. Who knows – maybe someone in Zappos’ marketing department may come across this post. If so – hello Zappos employee.

No comments: