Sunday, February 13, 2011

Walking Cliche

Up until this point, the pregnancy has been great.  I've felt awesome during the majority of the pregnancy (with the exception being the migraines I was getting during the first trimester).  Not only did I feel good, but I felt comfortable.  I enjoyed being pregnant.  Don't get me wrong, I still like being pregnant, but man, this week I've felt like a walking cliche of a pregnant lady.

Preggo Brain: my brain officially stopped working Monday morning. I can barely string together a coherent sentence.  And tasks at work take at least 4 times as long to complete as they should.  I've completely given up even trying to hold a conversation with people because I lose my train of thought so easily now.

Bottomless Pit:  My stomach is never full.  My satiety hormone has stopped working - that's the only explanation I can think of.  I can't say no to food.

No Room:  At 27 weeks, I still have at least 10 weeks to go before the kiddos are done cooking.  But good lord, I have NO IDEA how they can get any bigger because it already feels like they're running out of room in here.  Things are fine in the morning and throughout the day.  But around 7:00-ish, that's when things start to get really uncomfortable.  My stomach feels like an overfull water balloon, if I'm laying down and move positions it feels like bowling balls are knocking around in my uterus, and I can't get off the couch by myself anymore - Sean has to pull me up because my ab muscles are so stretched out that I can't contract them anymore to pull myself up when I'm lying down.  (Poor ab muscles - I'm so sorry for what I'm doing to you.  You're going to be wrecked after this pregnancy. I promise to fix you.)

So there you have it - I've now become a walking pregnancy cliche.  The only thing that hasn't happened are over-emotional outbursts. Like morning sickness (which I also managed to skip) I have a feeling you won't catch me crying in the middle of a grocery store.      

4 comments:

Erika said...

So maybe I won't see you crying in a grocery store but will I see you digging into a bag of oreo cookies or how about tortilla chips?

Kathryn said...

funny you should mention oreo cookies - sean and i managed to eat an entire bag of double stuff oreos in 2 days this weekend.

Erika said...

I remember watching my sister tear into some Hostess HoHos at Target when she was pregnant with Cori. She is a person that doesn't like sweets. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor!

Anonymous said...

James and I did that in 1 evening once before, and I wasn't even pregnant! LOL!

~Vanessa R.