Saturday, August 20, 2011

Maternity Leave and Going Back to Work

I was going to write about the end of maternity leave and having to go back to work, but I am just way too tired to do that.  And that perfectly sums up how I feel about going back to work:  I operate in a state of utter exhaustion all day long.  Why?  Thanks in large part to my 1.5 hour commute each morning and evening I’m up at 5am, home by 5:30pm, take care of kids from 5:30pm-9:00pm, and in bed by 9:30pm.  (Back story – my department moved to our LA office 50 miles away from our current office while I was pregnant.  Since I was pregnant, I worked out of the old office, now that I’m not pregnant I have to make the commute).   Luckily, this schedule won’t last too long – I start a new job next Monday and the commute is less than 15 minutes.  I just have to power through 5 more days of living like a zombie.

No comments: