Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Coachella Smackdown


With Coachella only 6 weeks away and the Coachella lineup on my bulletin board at work, I'm starting to prepare my mental "must see" list for the weekend. While I'm excited to see a handful of acts (I'm talking to you Brazillian Girls) I'm really looking forward to seeing Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen in what I have dubbed the "Battle of the Naughty Brit Ingenue."

They're both Brit pop stars who are tabloid darlings across the pond due to their saucy attitudes and penchant for illegal self-medicating ways. (trying to keep this as PG because, well... you know the title of the blog.) Luckily they're playing on different days so there will be no Sophie's choice making there (in a weekend that will be filled with those type of choices). And I'm sure this was a conscious scheduling decision made by show managment.

If you haven't listened to either of these girls I suggest you do so now.

1 comment:

Sean said...

But wait! There's more! Regina Spektor has now been added to the lineup. Neither British nor famously self-medicating, I think she still sauces up the fight a bit.