Saturday, September 22, 2007

LCD Soundsystem & Arcade Fire

LCD Soundsystem + Arcade Fire + 4 bottles of wine + great friends = fabulous night

Thursday night, Sean, me and two friends went to the LCD Soundsystem & Arcade Fire concert at the Hollywood Bowl. It was a great concert. And I will forever love the Hollywood Bowl for allowing concert goers to bring in their own picnic dinners and wine.

LCD Soundsystem
  • Love them. Love them. Love them.
  • Personally, I thought they should have been the headliner. But that feeling was clouded by my infinite love for the band.
  • The venue (Hollywood Bowl) was a bit too large for them. They’re better seen in a small club or a tent under the stars in Indio, where the entire crowd is dancing and sweating together.
  • I heart James Murphy (just a little bit)

Arcade Fire

  • They, like Wilco, are a band that is meant to be seen live. Their albums do not do them enough justice.
  • Closest thing this heathen will ever have to an evangelical experience.
  • Seeing the band incorporate French horns, trumpets and violins into all of their songs, the band geek in me wished they had been around when I was in high school.

Last night marked the start of our power-concert weekend – 3 concerts in 4 days. That’s a mighty task given that all of the concerts have us trapsing up to LA and braving crazy LA traffic. Don’t believe me? Thursday night it took us 2 hours to drive 46 miles.

Last night: Cat Power (more on that show later)

And after that: Sunday we see Rufus Wainwright sing Judy Garland Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

No comments: