Thursday, August 14, 2008

B-R-E-A-T-H-E

*big sigh*

Today is the first day since June 25 that I’ve been able to take a breath. And a short breath it will be, because tomorrow starts another long stretch of busy-busy-busy time that includes 2 weddings and a bridal shower within a single 24 hour period, a trip to a water park and then a trip to Indianapolis.

I don’t know how it happened, but this summer has flown by. Between the wedding, the honeymoon, concerts, birthday parties, Sean’s various work trips and out-of-town guests, I feel as though I haven’t had time to slow down and relax. So I'm going to utilize this one free evening for everything its worth. This includes such lovely tasks like laundry, catching up on some of the shows currently clogging the DVR, and playing some serious catch-up with various blogs.

And did I mention that Sean’s gone? So I have the entire house to myself after a summer of feeling constantly crowded by people or always on the road. It’s nice.

So far, the best part of the day has been standing in the middle of Target, chatting with E. in China (via my cell phone). It was totally worth draining all the battery out of my phone just to chat with her for a few minutes. *waves hi to E*

1 comment:

Erika said...

E in Shanghai waves back - although as I send this wave out you are sleeping so may not be received until much later :)

Gotta love the 15hr time difference!