Friday, August 22, 2008

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend, we had two weddings to go to and they couldn’t have been more different. One was held on a yacht in a harbor while the other was held in the desert. One was an intimate gathering of 40 close friends and family; the other was a bash of 300. One was for a friend and I knew close to 90% of the people there; the other was for a family member where I knew 2% of the people there.

Friday’s wedding was my favorite for a very obvious reason: the bride’s an incredible friend of mine. And that evening was great for so many reasons:
1. Enjoying cocktails while sailing around the harbor
2. Catching up with fabulous ladies I haven’t seen in a while
3. Randomly finding a bright red clown’s nose on the ship during cocktail hour and thinking about the sad, sad clown walking around without his nose.
4. A wedding DJ who’d actually heard of the bands and songs that I requested

5. Really good food – especially the mashed potatoes with the green onions and the wedding cake.
6. After party in the backyard surrounded by white Christmas lights

7. Having a husband who’d race clear across the country after one missed flight and another re-directed flight, just so he’d be able to make it to the last hour of the after party

3 comments:

Punky said...

Im sorry I must have missed your write up about the dress malfunctions?

Kathryn said...

Please - my grandma reads this blog. She doesn't need to know that as i was walking down stairs of the yacht, the wind blew up my skirt and the entire boat was treated to a show of my behind. And then my front. And then my behind, again. Oy vay.

Any said...

Please tell Sunshine congrats from me. All of you look beautiful.